Thursday, May 26, 2011

Life is back to normal

After a long week of emotional stress wondering whether we would keep the puppy or sell him, it is finally over and I must say that I am relieved. We gave Heisman to a family in Madison yesterday. The daughter is actually my sister's Big Sis in DG and her mom has been wanting a puppy. He will be treated like a king and spoiled rotten and he will have constant attention, instead of being a lone for most of the day. There's a picture that they sent me last night, I think he'll be just fine in his new home :).

Having a puppy definitely made Andy and I realize that it takes up pretty much all of your attention and our focus was totally on him over the past 2 weeks. I must admit, it did put more stress on our marriage and I'm glad that we are back to us for now. Obviously we miss him terribly but, having only been married for a month and a half, we've decided we want to enjoy being newlyweds and focusing on each other. We will wait to get another dog when we move into a bigger home with a big yard so it can be an inside/outside dog. In the mean time, we are happy to be the focus of each other's attention again and enjoy this precious time where it is just us!

No comments:

Post a Comment